Air Fryer Greek Chicken Bowls are fresh, light and delicious. It's great to add to your easy dinner recipes for quick meals on busy weeknights. Healthy Greek chicken bowls are full of favorite Greek flavors.
These will remind you of a deconstructed Gyro. The Greek bowls are full of fresh veggies, moist lightly marinated chicken cooked quickly in the air fryer.
What makes this skinny?
Though grain bowls can be a healthy meal they can also have a lot of calories depending on the ingredients. We've used cauliflower rice which is a vegetable and very light in calories.
Our low carb Greek chicken bowls have all the favorite Mediterranean food flavors with some slimmed down ingredients.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are marinated in a light marinade. Only 2 tablespoons of olive oil is used.
The tzatziki sauce is our recipe and slimmed down with non-fat plain Greek yogurt for the Greek dressing.
Recipe Ingredients Notes
Boneless skinless chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can vary wildly in size. Try to select two boneless chicken breasts that are 8 ounces in weight. This will yield 4 ounce serving sizes for the bowls.
Tzatziki sauce. This traditional yogurt cucumber sauce is light and perfect for the bowls. Make a batch of our Skinny Homemade Tzatziki Sauce for this recipe.
Cauliflower rice. To keep the bowls lean we love using cauliflower rice. You can make it from scratch (see instructions in this cauliflower rice recipe) or use frozen and cooked. Regular white rice or brown rice can also be substituted.
Feta cheese. Reduced fat feta cheese crumbles work great for this recipe. Fat free feta cheese can also be used. Both are sold in tubs with the cheese in the grocery store.
Cucumber. We recommend using English cucumber if possible. The thin skin does not need to be peeled and the seeds do not need to be removed.
Cherry tomatoes. Rinse and halve the tomatoes. You'll use 1 pint. Grape tomatoes can also be used.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
This is an easy and fast way to prepare boneless chicken breasts. It's important to monitor the chicken so it doesn't overcook. Also use a thermometer to determine whether the chicken is done (cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F internal temperature. Checking the color of the juices is an unreliable method to check if the chicken is done.
The size and thickness of the chicken breasts will determine its cooking time. Use chicken breasts the same size so they cook in the same amount of time. For this recipe we base it on 8-ounce boneless chicken breasts.
All air fryers cook slightly differently so the cooking time may vary slightly.
How to make Air Fryer Greek Chicken Bowls - Step-by-Step
Making Air Fryer Greek Chicken
STEP 1. Marinate (30 minutes - overnight)
In a gallon Ziploc bag or in a large bowl combine the olive oil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Place the chicken into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight (photo 1).
While the chicken marinates prepare the Skinny Tzatziki Sauce.
STEP 2. Air Fryer Chicken
When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag or bowl and discard the chicken marinade. Lightly spritz the air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
Place the chicken into the greased air fryer basket and cook on the air fry setting at 370 for 13-16 minutes (turning over halfway through) or until the thickest part of the chicken reads an internal temperature of 165F with a food thermometer (photos 2-3).
Set the cooked chicken aside to let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing (this will make the juiciest chicken) (photos 4-5).
Making the Greek Chicken Bowls
To build your bowl, add the cauliflower rice or grain of your choice (photo 6) to the bottom of the bowl. Followed by halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and red onions (photo 7).
Place chicken on top (photo 8), sprinkle on the feta cheese (photo 9) and spoon tzatziki sauce across the chicken. Garnish with fresh dill and serve with a lemon wedge (photo 10).
Kalamata olives. If desired you can add some sliced Kalamata olives.
Use another grain. Swap in quinoa or another grain instead of rice.
Lettuce instead of cauliflower rice or grains. If you want to turn this into a Greek salad, use romaine lettuce or leafy greens instead!
How to make ahead
All the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time and be stored in separate containers to be combined before serving. The chicken has the most flavor when it's warm so another option is to prepare the bowl ingredients except the chicken ahead of time and make the air fryer chicken breasts just before serving.
This is also a great recipe for meal prepping (meal prep lunches or main dish dinners). Prepare everything, allow the chicken to cool fully before assembling in meal prep containers. Add the tzatziki sauce when eating (do not add it to the bowl until serving). Condiment containers are a great way to add the sauce into the individual containers.
How to Store
If the sauce has been added to the fresh bowl it can be stored for up to 1 day in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The ingredients may get soggy however.
If you'll have leftovers follow the Make Ahead or Meal Prepping instructions and store the sauce separately. The fresh ingredients will be good for up to 3 days.
More recipes you'll love!
Air Fryer Greek Chicken Bowls
Chicken and marinade
- 2 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes rinsed and halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers English cucumbers recommended
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup reduced fat feta crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 4 Lemon wedges
- 1 batch skinny tzatziki sauce
Marinating the Chicken
- In a gallon Ziploc bag or large bowl combine the olive oil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add the chicken breasts. Toss to coat and place the chicken into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- While the chicken marinates, prepare the tzatziki sauce if not already made. Chill until serving.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the ziploc bag or bowl and discard the marinade. Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Place the chicken into the greased air fryer basket and cook on at 370 degrees F for 13-16 minutes (turning it over halfway through) or until the thickest part of the chicken reads an internal temperature of 165F with a food thermometer.Remove the chicken from the air fryer and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Making the Greek Bowls
- Divide the cauliflower rice, regular rice rice or grain of your choice between four serving bowls.Divide the following next between the four bowls: halved tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and red onions. Add one quarter of the sliced chicken on top of each bowl. Spoon the tzatziki sauce across the chicken, and sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of feta crumbles. Garnish with fresh dill and serve with a lemon wedge.