Sweet Chili Chicken & Vegetables (sheet pan meal)
Classic Sweet Chili Chicken turned into a healthy, lower calorie sheet pan meal is delicious and ready in 20 minutes cooking time. Gingery sweet chili sauce is drizzled over lean boneless chicken breasts and loads of colorful vegetables for a satisfying easy dinner recipe.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large head broccoli stem removed and heads sliced into bite sized florets (approximately 3 ½ cups florets)
- 1 large red onion sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas washed and trimmed
- ⅓ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce regular or gluten-free soy sauce or tamari can be used
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small saucepan, add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from heat.
Arrange the diced chicken and diced vegetables onto the greased baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour half of the thickened sauce over the chicken and vegetables and toss to coat.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165F, and vegetables are roasted.
Add the remaining sauce to the dish, toss and sprinkle the sesame seeds across the roasted chicken and vegetables.
Serve warm over cooked rice, enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
You can substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce in this dish. Some coconut amino brands are naturally sweeter, you can balance out the sweetness by reducing the brown sugar.
If cooking with frozen ingredients, increase the bake time by 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 973mg | Potassium: 1112mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 2098IU | Vitamin C: 143mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 3mg