Air Fryer Kale Chips
Air Fryer Kale Chips are a delicious healthy low calorie snack that are ready in minutes. They can be seasoning in many different ways for a new flavor every time!
Servings: 7 cups
- 1 large bunch of kale
- olive oil spray
- seasonings (see notes) optional
Thoroughly rinse the kale and dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife remove the stem and rib running up the center of each kale leaf. But the remaining kale into 2-inch pieces.
Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. Spritz with olive oil spray and toss the kale pieces to coat, massaging the spray into the leaves. Repeat twice more to ensure each piece has some olive oil spray on it.
Add any desired seasonings (see Notes for suggestions). Toss to coat the kale leaves.
Add some of the coated kale leaves in a single layer in the air fryer basket (you'll cook in batches). Cook on 370 degrees F for 3 minutes. Check the kale leaves; if they are crisp they are done. If not add 1 additional minute and check them again. NOTE: all air fryers cook slightly differently due to size or brand.
When the kale chips are crisp remove them and place on a wire cooling rack to cool. Repeat for the remaining kale pieces.
WW Personal Points
This recipe is 0 points unless adding a seasoning with points. The entire recipe makes 7 cups of kale chips (depending on the size of fresh kale bunch used) and if eating all 7 cups the Personal Points should be 0.
How to Store
Store the air fryer kale chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
- Garlic powder - start with ½ teaspoon and adjust as preferred
- Onion powder - tart with ½ teaspoon and adjust as preferred
- Sea salt or Kosher Salt (use around ¼ teaspoon)
- Everything Bagel seasoning. Check the ingredients for the seasoning blend being used. Some have a lot of salt which will make the kale chips too salty if too much is used. Also toss fresh kale between batches so the seasoning doesn't filter down to make the last kale chips cooked overly seasoned.
- Black pepper - use around ¼ teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - use 1-2 tablespoons for a nutty flavor.
Calories: 4kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 40mg | Vitamin A: 813IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg